How we work with you
First of all we will do our research! This is a very important stage of an SEO project and is something we take very seriously.
Our research will include:
- Site audit: this will include looking at your site data and analytics, your current SEO ranking, any Google penalties.
- Consumer research: this is important to understand what your average consumer is searching for, in order to get your keywords right they need to be based on popular or niche but noncompetitive queries.
- Competitor research: we will look at the pages that rank highest for similar businesses and take a look into their statistics, their links, keyword densities and other elements such as their site authority.
- Keyword research: this is arguably the most crucial part of our research. Before we even begin to optimise your site we need to fully understand the potential keywords and choose the most suitable for your site. We use a variety of tools for our keyword research.
Onsite optimisation is all about making sure all your content and other factors of your page are optimised.
- Metadata optimisation
- Alt tag optimisation
- Sitemap optimisation and sioling
- Checking errors (404 errors, broken links etc.) and correcting them
- Creating additional SEO copy
- Improving and revamping the internal link structure
Content is the backbone of SEO. Good, high quality content always wins the race in the end.
In order to ensure you have high quality SEO content we will look at various parts of your content including:
- Services pages
- Content plans (including blogs etc.)
- Your homepage and landing pages
- Social media
We can either optimise existing content or create new content depending on your current site.
Link building is a crucial part of SEO, in order to show search engines your site is trustworthy you need to be referenced on other sites that are more ‘trusted’ than your own.
This takes time but is extremely important. To help your links we will:
- Make sure your business is on Google listings, this is more important than you might think!
- Put your business on other local directories
- Work on & set up and SEO blog or other content stream
- Improve your backlinks and site referrals – this is sometimes referred to as digital PR
We always look at the data because we understand the importance of analysing the numbers.
Our SEO data work includes:
- Google Analytics, search console, SEMrush
- User engagement and user flow
- Bounce rate
We produce regular reports and reviews on what’s happening so you can see how and where your site is improving.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. We want to make sure you are always up to date with how your website is performing including things such as:
- Conversion rates
- Organic reach
- Keyword ranking
- User experience
and much more! Our reports are digestable for anybody and any technical jargon is fully explained so anybody in the business can understand your website’s progress!
This is just a selection of the elements involved in an SEO project. As you can see, there is lots of work involved and it can take a long time. Here at Alexander Advertising we would start the process with a tailored plan to meet your business needs depending on your current strategy, your industry, and a number of other factors. Essentially, the aim to get as high up in the search engine results page as possible. This is often a difficult task but with our expertise we can do our best to get you on the first page. The more often you appear on the first page of results, the more your business will benefit.
Only 7% of searches will ever see the third page of results!
The internet is becoming increasingly competitive which means that SEO is becoming increasingly important. It is an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. Time must be given to ensuring your pages are as optimised as possible in order to improve your organic (unpaid) traffic to your website. If you want to know more about how you create ads for your website check out our paid search engine marketing page.
SEO is not a science, but an art. It can be very difficult to know exactly what search engines want for two main reasons:
It is constantly changing, and the importance of different elements fluctuates as Google, and other search engines, become more intelligent and identify different ways of choosing relevant pages.
And, because they don’t actually want us to know. If everybody knew the exact formula then there would be no competition.
There are, however, known processes that you can conduct in order to ensure that you’re optimising your page as much as you can to try and appear at the top of those search pages.
If you haven’t thought about SEO before, or need to rethink your SEO strategy, we can help. Here at Alexander Advertising we have experience in optimising websites for search engines using well-established and innovative techniques. We can analyse your website and give you an idea of the areas that need improvement, and create a plan of action that we can implement. We also write SEO copy including blogs, homepages, service pages, and any other content that you may need optimizing for you website. If you don’t know where to start with your SEO, would like to move up the search engine pages for your already identified keywords, or are fighting for the top spot, get in touch with Alexander Advertising today. We are proudly based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.